Counter-Strike is one of the massively popular first-person shooter games of all time and now that we are amidst unplanned lockdown having more and more time to ourselves, we at TalkEsport thought why not help our readers to reminisce old times right on their phone itself.
Huge thanks to developer “Alibek Omarov” who ported Counter strike 1.6 to Android. It’s not a recreated or a strained down version but a full-fledged as it is a rehashed version for the mobile platform. Although, it will have its virtual overlay on buttons to help you play on a touchscreen.
How to install:
- Then, install Xash3D FWGS and CS16client on your android device.
- Install Counter Strike 1.6 on PC via Steam.
- Create a new folder named “xash” on the internal memory of your device.
- Copy folders named “cstrike” & “valve” from the directory where you just installed on the computer to the newly created folder on your phone i.e “xash” in our scenario. ( “cstrike”, “valve” —->> “xash” )
- Now run the CS16Client on your phone, on the first run it will ask about “xash” folder, select it.
- You are all set to go. Have fun.